Copper Horse’s CEO, David Rogers had a chat with Rocco’s Jason Bryan for the Rocco Radio Newsdesk about the launch of the UK government’s Secure by Design report and the Code of Practice on IoT security. The government’s Secure by Design report is available here.
To listen, click the player below:
The podcast covers a range of topics including:
- the UK government’s work to protect UK consumers:
- how work from the mobile industry can be carried over into the IoT world.
- what circumstances and threats led to the work being created?
- the thinking behind the work
- what other standards bodies and organisations are doing in the IoT security space
- discussing the details of the Code of Practice including vulnerability disclosure, software updates and eliminating default passwords.
- the implications of security attacks on network operators
- machine-to-machine and IoT concerns
- identifying insecure products and what “insecurity canaries” are
- product labelling and future smart approaches to digital labelling
- the use of digital certificates and the challenges of counterfeiting
- certification of devices including those with embedded SIMs and how that might work
- regulation and what might happen in the future
- design approaches
- safety in IoT and the future risks of death
- signalling storms, resilience and future attacks on network operators
- SLAs in business relationships between network operators to guarantee safety in IoT
- Why smaller network operators need to pay attention to IoT security
If you’re interested in learning more about IoT security, we run an IoT security training programme which is led by David. Click on the link below for more details: